Overdrive

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Spring is in the Air!

As the weather warms up I notice that it is harder and harder for me to stay inside and read. Lately it is taking me awhile to get through books and there for I am not able to recommend as much.


One of the books that I have read recently was recommended to me by another librarian and it is also on the 2011 Lonestar List.


In The Grimm Legacy by Polly Shulman, is about a New York high school student,Elizabeth, who gets an after-school job as a page at the "New-York Circulating Material Repository," and when she gains coveted access to its Grimm Collection of magical objects, she and the other pages are drawn into a series of frightening adventures involving mythical creatures and stolen goods. (Taken from Titlewave.com)

If you love fairy tales mixed in with your fiction, you MUST pick this up. Elizabeth is someone who you will relate to as well as root for. Many of Grimm's fairy tales are intertwined into story...some you will recognize and some you will not. All in all this story will add magic into your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment