Overdrive

Friday, April 15, 2011

Hex Hall and Demonglass


Hex Hall and Demonglass

By Rachel Hawkins

F HAW


Okay, I had to blog about these two books at the same time. I finished Hex Hall and I had to jump right into Demonglass because it was just so good. I finished Demonglass within the day, and, let me tell you, I am in love with this author. I was afraid to start this series because it was more of the supernatural. You know... demons, witches, warlocks, fairies, etc, but this was very different. You are right there with Sophie and Jenna.


Summary:

Hex Hall: Witch Sophie Mercer, having been sent to a reform school by her father after a prom night spell went horribly wrong, learns her roommate, who is the only vampire on campus, is the suspect in a series of attacks on students and sets out to find the real culprit. (Titlewave.com)


Demonglass: After learning that she is capable of dangerous magic, Sophie Mercer goes to England with her father, friend Jenna, and Cal hoping to have her powers removed, but soon she learns that she is being hunted by the Eye--and haunted by Elodie. (Titlewave.com)


My thoughts:

As I was reading each of these books, I kept thinking how much like Sophie teenage girls in general are. Now, Sophie does have powers, but that aside she likes a boy who has a girl friend, is being bullied by the popular group of girls, misses her mom, and just feels like she does not belong. Sound familiar. As the story continues in Demonglass, Sophie has to go live with her dad and try to contain her powers. Now she is feeling the pull of being caught in the middle of two boys. Rachel Hawkins has created a place full of magic, danger, and love. But what I love must is that she has written characters that at their core feel the same things that you do. MUST READ!

No comments:

Post a Comment