Overdrive

Monday, January 30, 2012

I have always been a Gary Paulsen fan. I read Hatchet as a middle school student, and since then I have been hooked. I have heard stories about how funny he is in person and that his biographies are great. He is a very outdoorsy person and he obviously loves dogs. He has run the Iditarod sled dog race a few times. (If you do not know what that is, Google it.) AND he has pretty much always had a dog.

My Life in Dog Years is an autobiography of his life. But instead of judging it by his age, he has split it up by the dig in his life. There are some sad stories, and some hilarious stories. This book is going to be a part of the summer required reading for 6th graders and I LOVED IT!!! I have always had a dog so I can relate to Mr. Paulsen. Dog lover or not, you will love this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment