Overdrive

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination

(From  http://storify.com/un/fight-racism-campai).


This month two out of three of the grades here at Stafford will be studying the Holocaust. So many times our students learn about the Holocaust and feel that it is not something that is happening or that it is anything that we have to worry about. What they do not understand is that the Holocaust, at its core was about racism and stereotyping in an extreme way.

A fellow teacher sent me a link to this and it became something that I just had to share. If you read through some of these, are you guilty of making one of these stereotypes? I feel that so many people do,  but I feel that since being I am educator, I get to see people when they are trying to figure out who they are. Black, white, green, purple, or brown....we were all kids once and there is no reason to look any kid differently than another.

Come and learn about another culture!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment