Overdrive

Monday, April 23, 2012

TLA 2012 = Awesome Week!!!

Sorry for the lag in blogging! I was in Houston for TLA and could not get a good enough Wi-Fi connection to actually post a blog. But here we go...

Authors, Authors, Authors!!! That was all I could think about as I went into TLA for my first time. I had my schedule set, I had already scoped out the Exhibition Hall, and I knew what I wanted. And let me tell you, I saw, I got my books signed, and I learned some amazing things!!! 

First off, check out my ride!!!


Because of my bad knee, there was no way that I was going to be able to walk on the crutches, so I rented this awesome scooter to get me around. Let me just say, this thing can move! I was going very fast!

On Wednesday Brad Meltzer was our keynote speaker. I actually had not read any of his books, but he is an AMAZING speaker. He had written two books, Heroes for my Son and Heroes for my Daughter, and I bought them each for my kids and he signed them. I do plan on also buying them for the library. 

After get that signed I went to a session that had Rachel Hawkins, Jennifer Ziegler, and Maggie Stiefvater. They were talking about the writing process and all of that. 
Then I went and met Rachel Hawkins, author of the Hex Hall. series. I love this series!!! (She also told me that she is going to be writing another series around Hex Hall. 


Right after that I went and met Forgive My Fins author Tera Lynn Childs. Another amazing author who I got the second book of her Sweet Venom series. So much to read! 

On Thursday, I went to a session where Neal Shusterman and Veronica Roth were talking about dystopian fiction. After that I was able to get a copy of Divergent signed by Veronica Roth and I got a copy of Insurgent (Book 2) all thanks to a fellow librarian. 

A fellow librarian also got a copy of Bitterblue, the third book from the Graceling series. She was nice enough to let me borrow it and I am reading it right now. 

I did go to some education sessions but because I want to share these with my fellow librarians this summer, that will have to wait. 
Overall, it was an amazing week and I am so excited to share with my students all this great literature!

No comments:

Post a Comment