Overdrive

Monday, June 18, 2012

Blood Red Road by Moira Young


Summary
In a distant future, eighteen-year-old Lugh is kidnapped, and while his twin sister Saba and nine-year-old Emmi are trailing him across bleak Sandsea they are captured, too, and taken to brutal Hopetown, where Saba is forced to be a cage fighter until new friends help plan an escape. (From titlewave.com)

Mrs. Lassley's Review
First off, this book had me wondering if it was going to be any good when I saw it on the Lone Star list. To be honest, it was the first cover that turned me off. BUT once I got started.... I COULD NOT STOP! This book has a little bit of everything, family ties, action, romance, and a main character that you cannot help but root for. She is sassy with a capital S. She is looking for her twin brother who was taken from her. She must go to this place she has only ever heard of and many things happen to her in the end. Her sister follows her, she is taken captive, and she meets Jack. I do not want to give away to much, but I will say the second cover is a big improvement. And I will definetely be wating in line for book 2 which comes out in October!



No comments:

Post a Comment