Overdrive

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Summertime 2012!

Taken from thechildbirthprofession.com


Even librarians need a break...that being said, I do not know if I was ready for this year to be over. Here are some of the things that I learned or were confirmed this year:

  • Teachers want to work with librarians!!! Given the right environment and attitudes you can create amazing projects together.
  • Children still love reading real books! Ebooks are great, but many of them want that hardback book in their hands.
  • Give a student the right book and you will have a reader on your hands. But beware, put the wrong book in a reader's hand, you might turn them off for a little while.
  • Teachers are avid readers and can be your biggest promotional tools!
  • Even though I was not in the classroom everyday with the students, I was able to make connections with many students. As they walked the halls yesterday, I had tears in my eyes. If you are one of the students I got to know through literature, and you know who you are, you will always be in my heart. You each made me a better librarian and I can honestly say you will be missed and you must come and visit.
Please keep reading my blog through the summer. I plan on LOTS of reading which equals LOTS of blogs and reviews. I have a number of ARCs (Advanced Reader's Copy) to read this summer. Please be safe, use sunscreen, and READ!

No comments:

Post a Comment