Overdrive

Monday, June 18, 2012

Update on Lone Star list


AuthorTitle
Erin DionneNotes from an Accidental Band Geek
Helen FrostHidden
Stuart GibbsBelly Up
Adam GidwitzA Tale Dark and Grimm
Kerstin GierRuby Red
Will HobbsTake Me to the River
Andrew LaneDeath Cloud
Jonathan MaberryRot & Ruin
Joseph MonningerWish
Patrick NessA Monster Calls: A Novel
Kenneth OppelThis Dark Endeavor
Gary PaulsenPaintings from the Cave: Three Novellas
Veronica RothDivergent
Chris RylanderThe Fourth Stall
Gary D. SchmidtOkay for Now
Ruta SepetysBetween Shades of Gray
John StephensThe Emerald Atlas
Wendelin Van DraanenThe Running Dream
Kiersten WhiteParanormalcy
Moira YoungBlood Red Road

So my goal has been to read all of the Lone Star books. I know that not all books on here are not going to be what I normally read, but I am hoping that I can expand my reading. I figured by reading the Lone Star list, I am at least that much closer to becoming a well-rounded librarian and reader. The ones highlighted in yellow I have read, and the one in green is the one I just started. I have not been disappointed in what I have read so far. It always amazes me the caliber of literature that the Lone Star committee can get from all the amazing books that are written. I have started looking at the possbilities for next years list, and I am already anticipating what will be on it.

Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment