Overdrive

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Goodreads: Here is why it is awesome!

I have had a Goodreads account for many years now, but not until this year have I seen all that it can do. I love that I can connect with so many readers who love books as much as I do.

Here are some of the things I use it for:
-Goodreads will keep an online journal of all the books that I have read and suggest new ones to me.
-I can see what other people who are connected to me are reading and what they have to say about the books they have read.
-I can read reviews about books I plan on reading. (Keep in mind that these are not censored so there might be spoilers OR not appropriate language.
- You can sign up for giveaways for books from some awesome authors.
-You can follow authors and what books THEY are reading and also their blogs.

Right now it is time to vote for the Goodreads Books of the Year. Many of the catagories are not books that we have in the library, but there are four catagories made specifically for Young Adults!

So take a second to go and vote here, https://www.goodreads.com/choiceawards/best-books-2013 , and maybe look to see if Goodreads is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment